Johnny Ruffo, a character of Home and Away, wrote on Instagram that he was “grateful” on his 35th birthday.
The actor, who is presently undergoing treatment for terminal brain cancer, posted a photo of himself on Instagram honoring his special day.
In the picture, Johnny was wearing a grey Essentials sweatshirt as he sat in a stunning eatery and grinned for the camera.
In front of him was a plate of cake, a candle, and a chocolate cake with the words “Happy Birthday” inscribed on it.
Johnny, best known for his role as Chris Harrington in the Australian soap opera, captioned the picture as follows: “35 and definitely experiencing it! Thank you all for the birthday greetings; I’m grateful for another trip around the sun.”
Fans and friends raced to the comment section to wish him a happy birthday.
“Enjoy your birthday, friend! Love you buddy, I hope you had a fantastic day, “Jason Owen, an Aussie singer, said.
Lynne McGranger, a castmate from Home and Away, posted: “Happy birthday, sweetheart. Hope you’re getting pampered rotten.”
Happy birthday to my favorite fighter, I hope you had an incredible day, Ruffy,” one user wrote.
In 2017, Johnny received a fatal brain cancer diagnosis. He had gone to the doctor with a migraine and had to have emergency operation to remove the tumour.
At the beginning of March, Johnny shared an update with fans and disclosed he is undergoing further treatment.
He was said to be cancer-free in 2019, but Johnny revealed that it had resurfaced in 2020. It’s since been disclosed that he’s been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Johnny disclosed he was back in the hospital on Instagram while updating his followers on his progress.
During a recent visit, he shared a photo of himself grinning while sitting in a hospital chair, and the Dancing with the Stars Australia champion could be seen giving him the thumbs up.
In the picture, Johnny, who has received rounds of chemotherapy over the past few years, looked to be getting ready for another session.
Back in my favorite chair, the performer, who gained notoriety in 2011 on The X Factor Australia, captioned the photo. I detest this chair and f*** cancer are two hashtags he used.
- Home and Away star ‘grateful’ for 35th birthday after terminal brain cancer diagnosis
- Home and Away airs major change for Tane and Felicity after heartbreak
- Home and Away veteran set to disappear from screens – here’s why
- Home and Away exclusive: Sophie Dillman’s bittersweet goodbye
- Home and Away star Sam Frost and Jordie Hansen have welcomed their baby!
- Trending:NEW PROMO – After This Week The Bay Will Never Be The Same 0
- Trending:Home and Away 8126 PROMO 25th September 2023 | Mali’s visitor promises trouble. Remi opens up to Bree. Leah and Justin embark on a last minute getaway. 0
- Trending:Home And Away 8125 Episode 21st September 2023 Thursday 0
- Trending:Home and Away 8125 PROMO | 21st September 2023 | A blast from Mali’s past hits the Bay. John gives Remi food for thought. Justin resists cohabitating with Marilyn. 0